I’m using my inaugural post as a convenient index of topics I’d like to write about. Listed in no particular order, these are:
- A Comparison of Singularity With Similar Technologies Such as OpenVZ, LXD, Intel Clear Containers and LightVM.
- A More Generalized Exploration of Modern Tooling in Scientific Computing
- The Role of the Scientist Historically vs. the Modern Role of the Scientist with an emphasis on the idiosyncrasies in scientific professional culture that persist for legacy reasons.
- Creating Minimalistic Linux Distributions for Emulating Older Architectures
- A Philosophical Treatment of Scientific Reproducibility with a particular focus on convergence (as per CFEngine / math).
- Using Infrastructure as Code (Ansible) and CWL for Reproducible Workflows
- How to Translate the Culture and Tooling of Electronic Musicians (via flow-based programming tools like Max) to the Scientific and Library Fields
- An Overview of the Various Ways to Add Metadata to Arbitrary Digital Files