Posts I Want To Write
I’m using my inaugural post as a convenient index of topics I’d like to write about. Listed in no particular order, these are:
- A Comparison of Singularity With Similar Technologies Such as OpenVZ, LXD, Intel Clear Containers and LightVM.
- A More Generalized Exploration of Modern Tooling in Scientific Computing
- The Role of the Scientist Historically vs. the Modern Role of the Scientist with an emphasis on the idiosyncrasies in scientific professional culture that persist for legacy reasons.
- Creating Minimalistic Linux Distributions for Emulating Older Architectures
- A Philosophical Treatment of Scientific Reproducibility with a particular focus on convergence (as per CFEngine / math).
- Using Infrastructure as Code (Ansible) and CWL for Reproducible Workflows
- How to Translate the Culture and Tooling of Electronic Musicians (via flow-based programming tools like Max) to the Scientific and Library Fields - the Scientist / Preservationist as a Creative
- An Overview of the Various Ways to Add Metadata to Arbitrary Digital Files
- Clinton, NY : 19th Century Life Sciences Start-Up Incubator (A meditation on the formation of Bristol-Myers Squibb and how technological development is much more location-agnostic than Silicon Valley would have us believe)
- Deviance from Mainstream Tech Culture Amongst Technologists. The state of fields SV ignores (such as medical IT) and “preter-technology”. Blind spots in tech culture.
- The process of digitizing my childhood home.